And To Keep The Kids Busy And Happy
Yesterday morning I invited my nephews and nieces to a treat. We were shopping at our local craft store a few weeks ago and bought some pom poms and pipe cleaners. My niece was very proud because she used her pocket-money and had to carefully decide what she could afford for 8 dollars. It was a large enough pack to share between 6 children but not too big that it would encourage waste.
They patiently waited for the big day. I went shopping and I returned with some glue and a small box of magnets. They were all excited and that was reward enough.
First we decided what to make. I suggested making caterpillars and they were instantly enchanted by the idea. I showed them how to sparingly apply the glue on each piece and wait for it to dry. We counted up to 5 to help sooth the waiting period.
The results were amazing and I have my very own magnet caterpillar on my fridge door. Just goes to show how a simple idea can be so effective. The children used their own creativity to make their own designs.
With a small cost of 20 dollars the children were more than entertained. It was educational and a rewarding experience. We took some photos to document our caterpillars. The photos are self explanatory but if you have any questions please let me know by writing a comment below!
If you have any simple craft ideas that can be used at school or home, feel free to share them along with your blog link if you have one.
Thank you for reading,
- Craft Time: DIY Yarn Pom Pom Garland (sweetnicks.com)
- One Little Caterpillar Play (onelittlecaterpillar.wordpress.com)
- Crafty Family Fun (aspergersinfo.wordpress.com)
- I met a senorita with a flower in her hair… (theadventuresofeverygirl.wordpress.com)
- 12 Days Of Wrapping: Pom Poms – Living (brit.co)
- Easy Kids Easter Crafts: Easter Bunny Buckets (faithfulprovisions.com)
- A Beautiful Caterpillar Play In The Sunny Garden (prefacme.com)
- Plant Pots, Pom Poms and Puzzles (oswaldsoutlook.com)
- DIY Project: Pom Poms! (satinandsnowflakes.com)
- Definition: Pom Pom (fabsugar.com)